Friday 23 January 2015

Skincare- What I'm using now


I thought I'd share with you my current skincare routine and what products I'm using at the moment.



I've always loved skincare- I'm not entirely sure why, I think it's the smell and feel of products with the hope they will give you fresher glowing skin- and possibly also the spa like feel of many within the market today. 

So here's what I'm using: 

1. Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm- I got this for Christmas in a set (it's the 20g pot) and I have wanted to buy it loads within the past year but haven't quite been able to part with the £39.50 that is attached to this product! 

I tried a sample when it initially came out and instantly loved the smell and have then had is used on me in facials, loving the feel of it on my skin- for anyone who hasn't tried a cleansing balm before the texture is like a thick oily wax which upon contact with skin massages easily into a facial oil (this balm in particular turns milky after contact with water). 



The soothing scent and the fact there is no balmy residue left on your skin after, makes this cleansing balm a winner for me.  I have tried others such as the Boots Organics Hot Cloth cleansing balm which is definitely kinder on the purse strings but leaves an oily balmy film on the skin after. The other cleansing balm I have tried is the Balance Me which I got free with a magazine and I have to say I loved it (the fact it is in a tube makes it easier to get out and it has a slight exfoliating feel to it). 

Would I repurchase this? Definitely, but only when I want a real treat due to price. To be honest this little pot will probably last me a while as a little product goes a long way and I would only really use it when my skin is slightly drier. 

2. Garnier Miceller Cleansing Water- Love love love this product! I have been hooked on Miceller cleansers ever since the hype and have tried a couple of the recommended drug store versions (L'oreal being my other fave, B. Pure from Superdrug wasn't so good) and also higher end versions such as the Lancome one (I am yet to try Bioderma) but bought this when on offer in Boots have repurchased it since! 



It does what it says on the tin- removes make up and eye make-up, and what I like about it is it doesn't feel drying or leave skin feeling tight, your skin really does feel thoroughly clean. It is also perfect for removing heavy eye make-up, it tackles even the heaviest mascara. I've reccomended this to a friend and my mum and they both love it! Great value product with great results. 

3. Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser/Toner and Eye Bright- I've used the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser since I was about 16 and have to say despite using numerous cleansers in between for a good few years, I have recently come back to using this product. My skin has been really tricky this year and I have suffered with a lot of redness and sensitivity, as well as dryness and oiliness so when this was on QVC on TSV I decided to treat myself in a bid to sorting my skin out. 



What I love about the cleanser is that it smells amazing, the scent is really soothing which straight away gives you the feeling it's going to be nice on the skin. I also really like cleansers that come with muslin cloths as I feel you get a better cleansing experience and have got rid of all make up and grime off the skin as well as giving it a nice little daily exfoliation. Obviously this product speaks for itself with it's accolade of awards, but it definitely is still at the top for me as well in the cleanser category. 

Moving on to the toner, I have to admit I don't usually get excited about toners but there is definitely something very fresh and cooling about this one and the smell is light and natural opposed to some that can smell chemical. 

The Eye Bright I had never tried before and is probably something I wouldn't have bought but being in the TSV pack obviously I have got to try it and I LOVE it! 

With eye make up removers I usually go for oily ones as I like to wear a lot of mascara (Lancome Bi Ficil is my all time favourite) but I have been pleasantly surprised with how much I love this. It is in no means oily whatsoever, but it is soooo soothing and feels so good after a long day, and a swipe in the morning really wakes you up and makes your eyes feel fresh. It also handles heavy eye make up perfectly too. Love it!!! 

4. MONU Recovery Balm- As I said this year I have struggled with redness and sensitivity so I have currently been trying this product to try and soothe my skin a little. I'm not sure that it actually reduces much redness, but it is certainly very soothing if you find you have sensitive skin or red patches that get aggregated after being in hot or cold temperatures. 



I've found lately that my skin can get the slightest bit angry by being in very cold weather or after a hot bath and I have gone to this product straight away to calm it down. It has a light texture and you don't need a lot of product at all. I tend to use this in a morning and occasionally after I've been in the shower or bath. 

5. Boots Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream 50ml- I have to admit I can be a bit of a skincare snob and generally only tend to go for higher end skincare products from brands such as Elemis, Liz Earle, Clarins and Lancome, however I was trying to budget this last year and decided to try some drugstore products. I bought this at the same time as buying the Cleansing Balm and the facial oil as I think there was a promotion on the range. I used it for a bit and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was, however did feel it left a slight film on the skin so stopped using it and went on to something else. 



I've recently been determined to use products up I already have before buying new ones (I am terrible for doing that) and have started using this again and believe it or not really like it second time around! My skin has been very combination lately and I have found it has felt lovely after using this every night. My only advice would be not to slap loads on as you don't need to and it's only when you do this that you get the feeling of a film on the skin. Would definitely repurchase if sticking to a budget. 
Have you tried Boot Botanics products? 

All in all I am pretty happy with what I am using at the moment! My Garnier Miceller Water is running low so I will be looking to replace that soon- can you recommend any alternatives? I'm not sure if I would repurchase the MONU Recovery Balm, for as much as I do like it I would like a product that noticeably reduced the redness too. 

What are you using in your skincare routine right now? 

B x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...